[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - The right music for Blame

<  General 2.0  ~  The right music for Blame

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:23 am
HumanPosts: 6Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:07 am
Someone mentioned in a thread the music of the Blame! anime. That got me thinking -- do you associate any sort of music with the series, or what do you think would go well with the movie?

Personally, I think of Four Tet, Boards of Canada, and Manitoba -- all sort of strange electronic bands -- as most of the series, but I like to throw some sort of quick grungy rock type thing in for the few satisfying moments where Killy dispatches an enemy.

I'd provide examples but that would require effort, and frankly I'm not prepared to exert any kind of force for any purpose at the moment, unless passing out is any measure of force.

Aw, hell with it.
-- Four Tet
-- Boards of Canada

Can't find good manitoba samples, but try to find "Cherrybomb" for an example

And finally, An ogg version of a song I think fits the "satisfaction" theme yet remains bleak. At least the intro.

Goddamn, that was a lot more work than I wanted. Hope it works ;O

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:47 pm
Site AdminPosts: 322Location: GermanyJoined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:08 pm
i guess some radiohead songs from amnesiac and ok computer would definately fit, "i need something" by unkle for some long journey.
deftones for some enemy interception.

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:11 am
HumanPosts: 4Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:30 pm
Blame makes me think of electronica/trip-hop most of the time, but some nice heavy rock also fits the bill during more chaotic moments.
I heartily agree with your choice of Four Tet, love them. Amon Tobin is also in a similar vein. Rammstein, especially from their Mutter album has music that is both violent and epic enough to satisfy the rock portions....
Overall though, I don't think lyrics suit Blame! very well.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:58 am
Silicon CreaturePosts: 82Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:32 pm
Anything calm and moody. No lyrics.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:21 pm
ExterminatorPosts: 137Location: Valdivia, ChileJoined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:07 pm
I think good soundtrack music is one that you remember afterwards as being appropriately complementary to the cool or just emotionally striking moments, and unobtrusive in the quieter, more introspective moments.
That said, I think the music for the anime got the BLAME! concept right, but it was poorly timed and applied. I would like something similar but more refined. And definitely no lyrics. Lyrics in any kind of soundtrack music, except maybe the songs that go on the credits, are ridiculous and superfluous, in my opinion. That doesn't mean that the human voice should be excluded as an instrument though, just that it shouldn't be singing any words.

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:43 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 67Location: Valencia, SpainJoined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:37 am
I think that music would have to be a mixture of heavy metal and techno rock. One solo of great intensity into middle of the battle with a cybernetic background, it could be something incredible. Well... that im saying its like the fantastic soundtrack from the OVA (a good work of Onogawa Hiroyuki), but the problem of this music it was that it had to do of support of a horrible and heavy animation. Too much color and backgrounds, but no movement of characters (and if they moved, they moved of shame).

Hmm...I ever hear Linkin Park with Blame! volumes, Hybrid Theory is a very agreed disc with the imagery-philosophies of blame!,_, things like:

In the End(special for volume 1):
...(Chorus) "I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter"...

Runaway(special for volumes 1 & 2):
...(Chorus) "I wanna run away
Never say goodbye
I wanna know the truth
Instead of wondering why
I wanna know the answers
No more lies
I wanna shut the door
And open up my mind"...

Crawling, One Step Closer, With You,Pushing me Away...all the disc is great

Someone hear with the 12th Log ._. read slow from the beginning ,when killy save cibo the song must end! :) not its easy...but try

Nowadays i often hear the disc Tears of Mandrake - of the group Edguy.
And in the end of Blame! (volume 10) i be very melancholy and hear
Symphony X songs like:

Symphony X - Whispers

well i only want to say that this music would be ideal for a hypothetical film of Blame.

Last edited by Narev on Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:56 pm
ExterminatorPosts: 108Location: Land Of OzJoined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:11 am
Linkin Park!!! No offense but seriously if that was the BLAME! soundtrack I would curl up into a ball and die, they would ruin BLAME! intirely mainly because of lyrics and they use too much opera in there songs. I mean if it's going to be heavy rock, why on earth would you whack in some kind of symphony.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:10 pm
no offence, but linkin park is utter crap

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:17 pm
HumanPosts: 2Location: Germany, HamburgJoined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:08 pm
I personally think that some dark, cold guitar music - maybe with some electronic influences - would perfectly fit with Blame! Doesn't have to be metal - but there are some great bands that are close to perfect for Blame!

My favorite would be VOIVOD - especially the NEGATRON album - it's not what I would call easy listening *laugh* but worth taking some time...

Another great band would be BOLT THROWER - maybe the HONOUR, VALOUR, PRIDE album..

I'm really curious for your opinion on this... ;o)

see you

Offline Profile YIM
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:49 pm
Aphex Twin & Nine Inch Nails - At the Heart of it all
(whoaa, its like exclusively made for blame! check it out!)
Aphex Twin - i want your soul
Aphex Twin - Polynomial-C
Aphex Twin - Isopropanol
Aphex Twin - Ghost in the shell (maybe without voice)
Aphex Twin - Film
Aphex Twin - Radiator
Deftones - Elite
Tool - reflection
Super 16 - NEU!

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:58 am
ExterminatorPosts: 108Location: Land Of OzJoined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:11 am
Now thats *sounding* better. Aphex Twin are awesome.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:12 pm
unless you're using "them" for the songs i have to disappoint you, aphex twin is just one single artist =P

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:48 am
Silicon CreaturePosts: 67Location: Valencia, SpainJoined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:37 am

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:13 am
HumanPosts: 4Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:39 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:38 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 52Location: Teruel, SpainJoined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:47 pm
Anyone knows??:

Swithblade Symphony.
Apocaliptica.

I think these groups are the perfects.

Offline Profile WWW YIM