[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Drugs & Cyberpunk

<  General 2.0  ~  Drugs & Cyberpunk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:42 pm
BuilderPosts: 31Location: Oporto, PortugalJoined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:57 pm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:40 am
Electronic KnightPosts: 307Location: Bay Area, CA, USAJoined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:56 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:13 am
HumanPosts: 7Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:32 am
A very Interesting question. I wonder how true this is. If it is true, maybe its because there are more drug-using characters in cyberpunk? I don't know.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:03 am
ExterminatorPosts: 125Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:13 pm
There is a german saying "Traue keiner Statistik, die Du nicht selber gefälscht hast" -"Never trust any reseach/statistic, which you didn't forged yourself"
So i would see this research VERY critically.
And FYI I read once an article that most writers who did drugs, didn't do their work on drugs but afterwards when they were less high, but not stoned already or afterwards because when they were on drugs they did total gibberish.
Exeception maybe Hunter S. Thompson :-D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:44 pm
BuilderPosts: 31Location: Oporto, PortugalJoined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:57 pm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:40 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 254Location: the 2,861st DimensionJoined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:35 am
Necropost! I know thread resurrection is bad, but oh well.
Here's a great picture that I found...

EDIT: Something about his picture made me think it was taken in the city of Berkely, since it's famous for being the birthplace of the nuke as well as the home of the Californian stoners.

Last edited by Luciola on Mon May 24, 2010 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:01 pm
BuilderPosts: 42Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:24 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:01 pm
HumanPosts: 16Location: NHJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:20 pm
I will admit to drugs...

Let's just say electronic music, raves, and clubbing are way more fun on E.
Not that I'm saying to go out and do it, but I think drugs have always been intertwined with cyberpunk culture.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:10 am
Electronic KnightPosts: 380Location: MalaysiaJoined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:21 pm
been there done that. outgrew it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:59 am
HumanPosts: 16Location: NHJoined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:20 pm
I've been listening to electronic music my entire life. My father would blast it in his car for as long as I can remember. We listened to everything from The Eurythmics and The Prodigy to Orbital, the Crystal Method and Paul Oakenfold.
I've been a cyberpunk my entire life. I was one of the first civilians with "high speed" AOL and I've lived on computers since before the internet was open for nationwide civilian use. I grew up watching movies like The Terminator and Blade Runner and reading cyberpunk-esque books my entire life.
I'm 18 years old and didn't start taking drugs until a few weeks ago and I will never grow out of it.
Ecstasy is an amazing drug and will change your perception of everything.
And for all you people who think they know everything, here is an ABC documentary on the drug.

I'm not in any way telling you to go out and take ecstasy, all I'm going to say is that there are no negative side effects to taking ecstasy. You just have to not be stupid about it and research what you're taking before you do anything stupid.
I'm mainly focusing on E because it is THE club drug and most associated with Electronic Dance Music.
For more info here are a few websites:

Now pair these three sources along with the ABC documentary you should be able to make your own educated decision about the drug.

Mod, delete this post if you want, just putting in my thoughts.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:44 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 227Location: GermanyJoined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:26 am
there are no mods here

we have been on our own for a long time now :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:15 pm
Electronic KnightPosts: 380Location: MalaysiaJoined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:21 pm
NoSonOfMan: I'm guessing that was directed at me. I've outlived you for 10 years.

FWIW, I know people who've never outgrown drugs from university too.

I also know previously rational minded individuals who've done years of research before and during taking drugs who've gone far downhill.

And I've known tons like me who've just decided that we're happy not doing it.

My comment was neither an endorsement nor a slight. I'm just stating my experience since everyone was sharing.

Carry on.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:59 pm
HumanPosts: 3Location: GermanyJoined: Sun May 23, 2010 2:40 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:00 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 254Location: the 2,861st DimensionJoined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:35 am

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:12 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 254Location: Bello Zombie, Puerto RicoJoined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:14 am
I got bored, so other than lurking around here and bumping this thread, I looked up Peter Greene on Youtube and found this:

( And yes, that's Ben Stiller. )

Offline Profile