[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - hello!

<  General 2.0  ~  hello!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:02 pm
HumanPosts: 8Location: illinoisJoined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:54 pm
I see there are other introduction threads here, so... my name is Rachel. I'm brand new. I am into manga, especially manga with amazing art, and when I first read Blame I fell in love. I mean seriously in love.

I read the first volume I received 3 times in a row the day I got it. I don't have all of the volumes yet, but I think I understand the series well enough to get it. I only have vol. 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, and 10 but I'm ordering the rest.

Anyway, I'm an artist. My main loves and obsessions are art, Silent Hill, and manga. Nice to meet you! I'll be sure to contribute fanart! :ivy:

In fact, here is a quick drawing I did.

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:51 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 254Location: the 2,861st DimensionJoined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:35 am
Hey, Rachel! Welcome to the forum! It's a little inactive around here, but that's just status quo, I guess. Anyway, it's good you found us :)

I remember when I first read Blame!, about a year ago (when I was twelve - naive as an be but still with an eye for art), I read it over and over again, just as you did. Never gets old, huh? Oh, and if you want to read the rest without waiting you can always just drop by mangafox.com, where I read the whole series a few times over before I ordered all of the books. By the way, volume 4 is exceedingly hard to get a hold of - check the thread for further info. I got mine off some poor fool who had no idea what it's going for on amazon nowadays.

Nice drawing, by the way! Good sketchiness in a drawing always makes me appreciate it even more :D
Are you on DeviantArt? That seems to be where all of the female Blame! fans gravitated towards, leaving the testosterone level of this forum unchecked. We females on this forum should stick together...

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:19 pm
I am on Deviantart, but I don't really have anything good up yet. I'm kind of revamping my art submissions online--you know, cleaning up old junk and bring in new stuff. Thank you for the compliment. ^^

Wow, you read it when you were twelve? I was first introduced to manga at 12, and at the time I read fantasy. Mostly crap like Magic Knight Rayearth. Over the years I've pulled together a nice, tasteful manga collection though. My boyfriend was the one who showed me Blame, and when he told me how old it was I couldn't believe it! It makes me wonder what other cyberpunk manga lurks out there? Other than Nisei's work of course.

It's a shame that the forum's inactive. I guess no one cares if I liven it up a bit with some new threads.
:-D

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:25 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 254Location: the 2,861st DimensionJoined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:35 am
Watched you on DeviantArt (like a creepah!)

I discovered manga at age 7, mainly Sailor Moon. Later, my taste for manga and anime improved (thankfully) and I discovered things like Last Exile (at age 8, and I even dressed up as Dio for Halloween *hides face in shame*), Strawberry Marshallow (it's funny, really) and Eureka Seven. So I actually built up a fairly impressive collection of manga over the years. In fact, I'm actually about to celebrate the one-year anniversary of my discovering Blame! on the 19th, so I'm just going to hunker down and read all of the books from start to finish. Woohoo! Nihei is a god, even to a 13-year-old girl (lol).

But yeah, I tried re-energizing it, but it just led to me looking like a forum whore and going into hiding for a little while. However, all efforts are valid and shall be smiled upon.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:55 am
Self Aware AIPosts: 190Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:14 am

Last edited by kishimoto on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:08 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 254Location: Bello Zombie, Puerto RicoJoined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:14 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:46 am
Silicon CreaturePosts: 97Location: Ireland, DroghedaJoined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:14 pm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Offline Profile WWW YIM
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:30 am

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:25 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 94Location: Rotterdam. The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:22 am

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:29 pm

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:03 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 227Location: GermanyJoined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:26 am

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:36 am

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:10 am
Self Aware AIPosts: 190Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:14 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:43 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 254Location: Bello Zombie, Puerto RicoJoined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:14 am
Well, that's what you get for going to PT Barnum's Clown School!

Offline Profile