[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Question: How does the GBE work?

<  General 2.0  ~  Question: How does the GBE work?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:56 pm
HumanPosts: 8Location: Germany/FranconiaJoined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:48 pm
Well, got a huge problem. I searched the whole Internet about how the Gravitational Beam Emitter really works. I even talked to a japanese guy but he does not know the manga and had problems to find it via Wikipedia.

The major problem i had to find out is the different languages. In english, the weapon has got the name "Gravitational Beam Emitter", so i thought it was kinda "Gravitation-Weapon". In German, if i have to translate, i would call it the "Molecular Shockwave Weapon" and i combine that with it is kind of Weapon that uses nuclear Fusion to destroy. Today i found out that in French it seems to be called something like "Positron Emitter", that would mean it uses Anti-Matter to cause that huge destructive power.

So, what i wanted to know is how the weapon is called in the japanese original or if someone knows, how it really works.

Thanks for reply, I hope someone can help me.

Pättse

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:00 pm
German translation:

Leute, und zwar kann ich mittlerweile nachts nichtmehr schlafen, weil ich (als angehender Chemiker und großer Fan von physikalischen Themen) dringendst herausfinden möchte, wie die Molekülschockwellenwaffe eigentlich funktioniert. Wie schon geschrieben lässt sich allein vom namen her in jedem Land etwas anderes vermuten, das heißt "Gravitational Beam Emitter" lässt auf eine Waffe schließen die die Gravitation für ihre destruktive Wirkung manipuliert, im Deutschen hätte ich geschätzt dass sie eine Fusions-Waffe ist und im Italienischen beinhaltet der Name "Positron", was Antimaterie verkörpert. (Keine ahnung wie der original Name ist, ich sprech kein Italienisch)

Auf jeden fall sprach ich auch schon mit einem Japaner, der mir aber auch nicht weiterhelfen konnte und ich möchte dringendst wissen wie die Waffe funktioniert oder zumindest was die genaueste Übersetzung ihres japanischen Namens ist.

Kann mir da jemand helfen?

Pättse

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:05 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 238Location: Russia. Saint-PetersburgJoined: Wed May 31, 2006 9:55 am
hmmm

well as i see things.
GBE shoot's out energy bullet that has enormous gravitation force, that's causing destruction on molecular level.

or something like that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:58 pm
Electronic KnightPosts: 380Location: MalaysiaJoined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:21 pm
It doesn't. It is a concept of fiction :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:08 am
BuilderPosts: 42Location: Redondo Beach, CAJoined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:55 pm
I think they're both right :lol:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:24 am
Mind you a brilliantly baddass concept of fiction but a concept of fiction nevertheless.

If you asked Killy he'd probably tell you that he doesn't care how it works as long as it works.

Or shoot you with it. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:33 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 217Location: SwedenJoined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:34 pm

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:05 am

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:27 am
Self Aware AIPosts: 154Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:37 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:36 pm
ExterminatorPosts: 142Location: BrazilJoined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:10 pm
About the translation of the GBE:
http://www.angelfire.com/comics/jenshin/GBE.html

About the Gravity Furnace in THI:

[Gravity Furnace]
Gravity particles, the elements of gravity, are weak in themselves.
In comparison, light as a source of energy is small and far away, like ineffective lazers.
(Because of that, it is better to use gravity particles.
Gravity causes things to collapse inward, and a lot of energy goes out. It is possible to use this method to create energy.)
Now as stated, the particles of gravity are weak, however it has to reach a giant range of energy. How does the Furnace make this energy?
There is one possibility to make this work.
In BLAME!, the ((sakuchuu? I don't know this word. Help anyone?)) In the Gravity furnace, it seems like a neutrino is the answer.
Considering the neutrino the universe is about 90 percent elements I think. Aside from that, there are the hard to understand Dark Matter elements.
In various research facilities around the world, in the extensive reaserch of elementary particals has shown that neutrino particles are electron neutral particals and do not interfere with anything at all.
However there is the possiblility of energy coming out because of the enourmous influence of the Earth's mass. In short, the place where gravity is made comes in the form of the windmill's blade. A current of dark matter flows through and make the blade rotate.
The solar system can move the heavy dark matter with incredible speed.
Because of that thought, a small windmill rotation won't have any effect on immobile dark matter.

How GBE probably works:

[Gravitational Beam Emitter]
As for how it can emit a beam of gravity, I have no idea how it works.
However, I do know that the Gravitational Beam Emitter produces a very strong beam, but what does it come from?
It might be similar to the Gravity Furnace where Dark Matter is used.
The place where the beam forms can produce a large quantity of Dark Matter all at once. That enormous mass is increasingly explosive and can destroy anything.
Can it be considered an emitting device which can change it's properties?

From the translation of page 83 of the artbook:
http://www.randomisgod.com/blame/83.html

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:04 am
I wouldnt believe there actually is a beam at all.
Here is my theory.

He shoots a bullet with a lot of anti-gravity pulling away from it so everything that comes close gets pushed away. resulting i very big holes and a killy flying thru the air.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:30 pm
Well thanks for replies, there are a few things, i want to say.

Well at first, whatever you have heard about positrons, the ARE actually anti-matter, they are anti-electrons.
Then the neutrinos, well the actually CAN collide with normal matter, but that happens nearly never.
Then the dark matter, actually that could be a good point, because dark matter takes a huge part in our universe, but actually the explanation with the gravity beam that causes damage on the molecular level sounds best to me. It could be both, because dark matter also has got gravitation, but if it only would be dark matter, we could not see any beam coming out of the GBE.

The links... Ok, well 10 KANJI!!! But even the translation does not bring me further, so i will just take the explanation with the gravitational beam that causes damage on molecular level and be happy. ^^

One more thing, can anyone build me one GBE, because i got a few people that would be cool to blow them away :-D

Ok, thanks for reply, see ya!
Pättse

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:21 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 238Location: Russia. Saint-PetersburgJoined: Wed May 31, 2006 9:55 am

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:10 am
HumanPosts: 21Location: Seattle USAJoined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:25 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:03 pm

Offline Profile WWW