[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - i can't believe it

<  Manga  ~  i can't believe it

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:20 pm
Self Aware AIPosts: 190Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:14 am
biomega all over again.
he got bored midway?
last dozens chapter didnt feel the same, art werent as good with cliche shonen level dialogues and then that guy turned into short lived cheesy villain.
top it with cheesy emotionless happy ending.
must be his editor's doing

it's still entertaining, though less and less towards the end.

all that build up for this ending, what a waste.
he dropped some really good hints for future plots: ships/androids/chimeras/gbes which i think solely just for him to draw the shit out of them to his heart's content.

this is not what he is capable of.

yeah probably got bored again.
fuck.
fuck.
fuck.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:35 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 62Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:16 pm
Have there been any recent published interviews with him? Like you, I want to know more about his thinking behind different manga.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:19 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 70Location: PortugalJoined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:44 pm
You're talking about Knights of Sidonia right? I didn't feel too bad about that one ending because I really dislike mechas. And man this work looks so silly in comparison with his other stuff. I think Nihei can't really write dialogue to save his life (the dialogues between Nagate and the female characters are so unbelievably silly!) and his more word-oriented stuff is not nearly as good as his earlier, less worded titles. Truth be told I barely followed Sidonia anyway because of these problems I mentioned.

I can only hope he will continue with NSE: Net Sphere Engineer. Now that's what I REALLY want to read. I doubt he will ever bother to carry this sequel though. He is a Kodansha Manga Awards recipient now, I think his older stuff will be relegated.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:49 pm
Self Aware AIPosts: 190Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:14 am
all in all i think he was trying to make a shonen manga. not very good at it unfortunately.
similarly, great musicians tend to mellow and write more accessible music when they're older.

he did blame gakuen which was hilarious, littered with shonenish versions of blame characters except maybe sanachan.
perhaps he wanted to take it further with shonen characters or maybe just wanted to draw some mecha.

however

that battle on the asteroid was nihei at his best. intensely action packed with gorgeous art. unbelievable.

take away all the crap between those kids and it's a typical nihei manga.
gaunas, chimeras, placenta/tentacles, battles, buildings, pipes, random devices, exterminatorish humanoids, cool suits, and that bear.

personally it's heartbreaking because i really loved the gauna premise, hypothetically can build anything with placenta which meant nihei could draw the shit out of his heart's content.
i love his art on religious level.

wasn't meant to be.
such is life.

sadly, being the lazy twat that i am i don't even read japanese or into manga/anime communities therefore i don't follow much manga/anime news or at all so i'm not sure if there was any interview.
there must be some but no idea where.

YES EVERYONE WANTS BLAME MORE THAN THE CURE FOR CANCER.

Offline Profile