[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Blame! Master Edition

<  Anime & Merchandise  ~  Blame! Master Edition

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:07 am
BuilderPosts: 27Location: CanadaJoined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:00 am
I thought it'd be a japanese only thing when I heard about it so I kind of forgot it. Blame! in a bigger size with new covers, and compiled in 6 volumes. It turns out it's out in English, so I wonder if anyone has gotten it. I bought the first volume, and I plan to buy the other volumes in the coming months. I say that because it's expensive, at 35$ CAD for each volume. I find french mangas too small and expansive, and my version I possess of the Blame! mangas are the french ones. So I've been looking forward a bigger size for Blame! in English While I know the new covers are redrawn, and personally I find them gorgeous, I've heard other parts inside the Master Edition were also redrawn. I plan to get them anyway.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:56 am
ExterminatorPosts: 125Location: GermanyJoined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:13 pm
I just ordered all six volumes in English off amazon, there were some warehouse deals, so in total in only paid ~23,50€ per volume
Better to get them now, before they go out of print again

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:50 pm
Agreed! Better jump on it while we can. I bought the second volume last month and I bought the rest on Amazon as well this month, I'm just waiting to get them right now.

Now I wonder if I should keep the french ones along the Master Edition. There are so many blessings to be bilingual. Canada has 2 official languages, English and French, so it's easy here to find most everything available in French. Some mangas are available in French, but not in English, or come later in English. Blame! was already out in French, but not in English, so I bought them in French.

While I'm grateful that I'm bilingual, I generally don't like getting mangas in French. They're too small in size, and the bubbles for the texts are small as well. You cannot really admire the art and trying to read the texts in the small bubbles give me headaches.

Thing is with French, it's like the Ents language in the Lord of the Rings that takes a day to say Hello. English is simple and concise and you can say little that mean a lot. French is the complete opposite, it's beautiful, perfect for fictions and poetry, but when a book in English is translated in French it's generally double size in French. And it's the same for mangas in French that are small with small bubbles with tons of texta in them with me trying to decipher the texts.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:15 am
I got the rest of the volumes of Blame! Master Edition and I'm really happy about it. :)

Offline Profile