[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - so, what happened?

<  Anime & Merchandise  ~  so, what happened?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:13 am
Electronic KnightPosts: 307Location: Bay Area, CA, USAJoined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:56 pm
I'm getting a little confused by your arguments, especially since 'rallenty' doesn't even bare resemblance to any word in the english language. So, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm interpreting 'final-fantasy-ish' as a refference to the fact that it uses 3D cg graphics. If you like 2D more, than that's fine, but I strongly disagree having seen Appleseed Ex Machina and Vexille (I'm not debating the quality of the story, just the visuals). It's true a bit more time could be spent on some of the character models, but overall I don't see the current look as inferior to that of the 6 OVA's that were released. That's just my opinion though, and you're welcome to your own.

What I will disagree on is 2 things. First of all, the original OVA's differed considerably from the source given the fact that Cibo is present at the second encounter between Killy and the silicon creatures, which did NOT happen in the manga. Given that this was originally intended to be a full movie/anime but was canned after Nihei himself pulled the plug, I shudder to think about how this would throw off the timeline.

My second disagreement is about money. Money doesn't equal a good movie, but it helps considerably. Money means you can hire more people and better trained people, which means you can do far more elaborate things visually as well as hire a better director. It also means more time for cutting and polish, something which can make a HUGE difference.

Personally, this just comes off as whining because the product is not exactly what you wanted it to be. The truth is, though, that you're judging what is likely to be an hour+ of film on 5 minutes of likely unfinished footage. Again, you are still entitled to your opinion, but at this point it's rather unsupported and overly judgemental.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:04 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 219Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:05 am

this entertains me while i wait for the movie :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:47 pm
BuilderPosts: 26Location: URSSJoined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:04 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:42 pm
Electronic KnightPosts: 307Location: Bay Area, CA, USAJoined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:56 pm
Saying 'you should have known because it's obvious' is a fallacy, just so you know. I can't read your mind, you're the one who needs to properly explain your argument. Now that I know where you're coming from, I'm still not sure exactly how you came to your conclusions. If you watch the same fight scene in both of the adaptations, they use slow motion in the exact same place, when Killy first takes out the GBE. It's never used again.

BLAME! is also not about architecture. It is not a series about buildings. That statement is what's rediculous. The setting is a backdrop, it provides and anchor and in this case a motivation for the characters, but it doesn't provide anything else. If you'd rather watch a slideshow of backdrops, there are plenty of still shots while the credits roll. Personally though, I'd rather watch plot developement and action (action scenes are also a huge part of BLAME! in case you haven't noticed).

I have to laugh at your refferences to disco music, I think you mean techno. I also find it funny that you claim to know the perfect music for BLAME!, especially when the music in the first set of OVA's which you hold in such high regards was one of the reasons Nihei cancelled it. Considdering he kinda MADE the series, I would say you are wrong sir.

Finally, I have seen the two shorts several times, I'm not dumb enough to argue about something I've never seen. The comments are mixed, I've noticed several people explicitely said they were better than the original OVAs.

I called them possibly unfinished because they probably aren't. There have been many trailers I've seen where entire scenes are not present in the finished product. The director may also take people's complaints about what they've seen into considderation and make adjustments accordingly. It's been over a year since we've seen the release of the preview/figure packs, a lot of fine tuning gets done between then and now. Also, this is still only 5 minutes of actual footage, I just think you're jumping the gun and shooting it down before you've even given it a chance. I'm not saying it's perfect, but I think people are just being too critical because they have an idea of what it should be, and that their idea is somehow the epitome of perfection.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:13 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:06 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 219Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:05 am

i say, let's not get to irritated now, wouldn't want to start the first flame war of this forum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:16 am
ahah awesome pic

funniest thing I've seen in a while
makes me laugh so hard as it is so true!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:27 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:00 am
HumanPosts: 23Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:33 am
LOL this whole topic has cracked me up! Hey don't worry about it! The music has been done for BLAME movie for a while, the company working on BLAME created damn AppleSeed Movies! It takes 3 to 4 years to do something like this what has it been two? The promotional crap was to show that they are working on BLAME not that is was coming out. Project IG never got back to me bunch of lame 'os then again maybe there reply went to my spam filter(shrug)

Maybe next year or later this year^_-
Pics RULE!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:53 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:26 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:53 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:06 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:21 pm
BuilderPosts: 42Location: U.S.A.Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:32 pm

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:44 pm

Offline Profile