[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - so, what happened?

<  Anime & Merchandise  ~  so, what happened?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:59 am
BuilderPosts: 42Location: U.S.A.Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:32 pm
oh! okay. that's cool. as long as it's being released sometime. I can't wait. :D

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:18 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 206Location: ItalyJoined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:15 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:41 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 219Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:05 am

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:31 am
Self Aware AIPosts: 190Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:14 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:28 am
HumanPosts: 23Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:33 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:30 am
I hope we can get more news.... let's create the hype!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:26 am
HumanPosts: 23Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:33 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:28 am
BuilderPosts: 26Location: URSSJoined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:04 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:04 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:36 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:00 am
It would sound just stupid, there isnt much point in having personal webpage when you're actually already known and active, fans are meant to do that.

in some what it can be useful in some circumstances to some kind of business, but famous mangakas usually dont spread updates trough own websites, agencies and publishers are meant.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:50 am
Electronic KnightPosts: 307Location: Bay Area, CA, USAJoined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:56 pm
I kinda wonder how much Nihei is even involved in the production process. Usually there's a little bit of input at the beginning and a little more as it goes on, but a lot of it is left up to the studio from what I understand. Depends on the series though I guess.

As for the movie, I don't expect to be impressed, but I thought the little I saw was a move in a good direction. There could be a few tweeks to some of the animations, but I thought they got the environment down pretty well. Thing is, you're never going to trump the source material when it's as good as this, so I don't see why people get all worked up when it inevitably falls short. With all the complaining I'd be surprised if they didn't drop it due to lack of fan support.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:29 pm
I dont think so.
In those geneon trailers I noticed backgrounds which were completely invented as they werent in the original comic, then regardless nihei's involvement or not, the movie's general style and direction makes a final fantasy versus dragonball of it that is what it actually looks like, which is plain bad.

I wouldnt support that just because there isnt anything else,
as fan of BLAME and nihei's works It's just my perspective to expect something decently appropriate

then also, its not just a matter of my own personal tastes because comic and this anime just doesnt match each other as the way first trailers were done bad enough to ruin the manga's reputation rather than increasing popularity
Movies like sin city or 300 actually are decent transpositions from their original comics I dont see why BLAME which is a far superior should be treaten like a B-series work

Am I the only one in this boards thinking lke that?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:58 pm
Electronic KnightPosts: 307Location: Bay Area, CA, USAJoined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:56 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:37 pm
Wrong: Budget is not the key factor on this. I mean of course it will be low-budget anyway but if as you said is it supposed to be a niche movie, final fantasy-ish angry face-to-face rallenty shots are exactly one example of what to NOT do in a niche of a peculiar audience, why is this going to look like advent children or such then

Then also, actually the 6 OAV actually have some point and are indeed way better (also cheaper) than the CG one, (there are crazy artsy shots but at least theme isnt ruined by added glamour fantasy effects and moods)
so it actually is a matter of budget + target, AND they went trough it wrong;
again, with a fan-like perspective (you also said this was aimed to fans rather than wider audience) I think that was just inappropriate in any case

Offline Profile