<  Anime & Merchandise  ~  Blame! Anime music

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:07 pm
Electronic KnightPosts: 307Location: Bay Area, CA, USAJoined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:56 pm
Have to agree about Net Sphere, easily my favorite part of the anime. Where's Namste from though, it wasn't in the OVAs if I'm correct. Too bad, since it's really awesome, and I think it would probably be Nihei's favorite.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:24 am
Self Aware AIPosts: 175Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:01 am
Ha greeeeaaaat, you like it !

Namaste is the name of the french fansub team that fansubbed the blame DVD in french (and released the ost I think). The word Namaste is a sort of respectual "hello" in indian (east indian), or buddishm, and in fact the team chose this name because of this song, cuz' they're big fans of the artist who did it.
I DLed the blame ost a while ago and didn't rememeber they put the song in it (I talk with them on irc).

This song is by Devin Townsend, an amaizingly talented song writer/guitarist/singer/producer.
His music his hard to define, cuz' he can create anything, he's a musical workaholic genius.
I could tell it's some progressive rock, or progressive metal, but not with the cheesy technic you may find in usual progressive record. But the guy plays guitar very well, the solos are subtil, well integrated in the songs, with lot of reverb and various effects.
He makes solo project under his own name, those projects range from mellow songs to fast ones like Namaste, including a ambient-weird-personnal album.
Ocean Machine is awesome with a flow all along the album, Infinity is a crazy album with very different songs but still awesome as a whole, Physicist (from which Namaste comes) is said by the fans to be one of his least best album, but it's still pretty good, fast and electric like Namaste all the way, Terria is a piece of art, including very mellow songs, quite melodies as well as heavy riffs and screams, Aceelerated Evolution is maybe more "regular" but has some epic songs on it anyway (if you like long & epic songs (5minutes and more), you'll be happy, each album has at least 3...)

He also plays in the band Strapping Young Lad, a sort of Fear Factory, but more brutal, faster (though I don't know FF very well, so it's just to give you a glimpse).
The 4th album, Alien, came out earlier this year and it rocks, one of 2005 albums of the year^^ (in metal I mean)

All those albums are not "easy listening" I'd say. The production is top-notch, the music layered with many sounds and noises, so it's som music that takes a bit of time to really grow on you. Also you may or may not like Townsend's voice, but like most aweseom things (like blame!), you like it or not, but you don't like it only half-way^^.

In fact, it's the guy from the Namaste team who made me discover Townsend and SYL, and those are my favourite bands since then :wink: (lets say about 2 years now, maybe more)

Knowing that Nihei's a Korn fan, and if Digimortal is a wink to Fear Factory, then I'd really like to see what Nihei would create if he was inspired by SYL.
This could be the most brutal manga ever :D

http://www.hevydevy.com
http://www.strappingyounglad.com
(there are samples on the sites)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:11 am
Electronic KnightPosts: 307Location: Bay Area, CA, USAJoined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:56 pm
Wow, thanks a ton. I think you've made a fan out of me :-D . I think Namaste is actually me favorite, even if it comes from what many considder his worst alblum. Then again, I like really fast heavy stuff, so that's probably why. I'm usually not a fan of heavy metal, but this is great. Thanks again.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:31 pm
Yeah !

One more :twisted:

All Townsend's fans are spreading the word so one day the entire population will be fan of his and SYL's music.

WE'RE OUT FOR WORLD DOMINATION NOOOOOWWW !!! (this megalomaniac intro was just used to place that last sentence in capitals, a sentence from Towsend's 1st record, a punk album, which is in fact a big joke album, starring a death metal band which becomes a punk band when they realize they don't make money with death metal. So you've got some funny sentences between each song where the death metal guys (try to) acclimate to the punk world :lol: )

So if you like Namaste you should like the whole Physicist album, or pretty much. In fact this album is considered his worst (or least best^^) cuz' it was not produced or mastered or something by Townsend himself (while he usually do almost everything), and it's more "electric".
It sounds more like a "quiet" SYL album than a Townsend solo album.
It's not the album you think about when you think about Townsend's epic songs or masterpiece, but that's an album you need to listen to from time to time.

Maybe you'd like SYL too. Zen, on the last album, sounds quite a lot like Physicist IMO (many fans said SYL's last album sounds like SYL of course, but with a bit of each Townsend's solo project in it).
If you like fast heavy stuff, Detox should be the shit (on the album City).
Aftermath on the album SYL (self-titled), In The Rainy Season on the first album (Heavy As A Really Heavy Thing), Skeksis (on Alien), then progressivelly get into the more crazy, "messy" songs, like Oh My Fucking God, Shitstorm, Home Nucleonics...

I could speak about Towsend and SYL's music endlessly :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:09 am
ExterminatorPosts: 115Location: Base Reality/Frozen TierJoined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:31 am
Pretty good. Fakepunk is quite funny, yeah. I didn't see any samples on the SYL site though, only on Townsend's site.

:?

BTW, nice avatar, Falk. Where's that from? NGE or Full Metal Alchemist?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:11 pm
Yup', not much samples on the SYL site, cuz' the site is new from the last album.
So the link to a sample song was only in the news :
http://mp4.centurymedia.com/audio/syl_shitstorm.mp3
The most intense song of the album, and my favourite :P

My avatar ? Haha :D
That's the Phantom, one of the amaizing Mortarheadds (mechas) from the manga Five Star Stories.
Here's a link to a resin kit of the beast :
http://knightclub.cool.ne.jp/knight/ena ... ntom1.html
FSS share's the first place on my manga top-list^^.
More infos (include spoilers) here: http://www.gearsonline.net/fss/

BTW, where's your avatar from ? The head is a bit to much bent, but I like the grainy/noisy look

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:13 am
HumanPosts: 5Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:29 am
I feel bad about asking for this but since my computer doesn't open .rar files, can someone send me the soundtrack over e-mail. My e-mail address is AkuSokuZan31@gmail.com

*gives a hopeful cute face*

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:45 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 90Location: USAJoined: Tue May 31, 2005 2:10 pm
Aku Soku Zan wrote:
I feel bad about asking for this but since my computer doesn't open .rar files, can someone send me the soundtrack over e-mail. My e-mail address is AkuSokuZan31@gmail.com

*gives a hopeful cute face*

Don't be so helpless. If your computer doesn't currently open .rar files then figure out how it can. www.google.com is your friend.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:20 am
HumanPosts: 5Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:29 am
No, I'm not that bad! Jeez! :oops: I've tried downloading WinRAR from various different sites but no matter how many times I try to use it my computer won't recognize it. Which is why I'm building a computer since this one is a piece of crap.

I don't know if anyone has ever had this problem with WinRAR not working but if you know of a way to fix it, I'll love you forever and bake you some cookies.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:40 am
Silicon CreaturePosts: 90Location: USAJoined: Tue May 31, 2005 2:10 pm
Aku Soku Zan wrote:
No, I'm not that bad! Jeez! :oops: I've tried downloading WinRAR from various different sites but no matter how many times I try to use it my computer won't recognize it. Which is why I'm building a computer since this one is a piece of crap.

I don't know if anyone has ever had this problem with WinRAR not working but if you know of a way to fix it, I'll love you forever and bake you some cookies.

you just proved my point...
i took 20 seconds to do some research:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison ... _archivers
go to the Archive format support heading and Reading subheading
There are 12 programs that can read .rar files. You tried one.
Take this lesson wisely, please...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:16 pm
Site AdminPosts: 322Location: GermanyJoined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:08 pm
try 7zip

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:42 am
ExterminatorPosts: 113Location: Canvas IndustriesJoined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:39 am
Wait a sec... are u talking about the music that sounds in the third Log, when Cibo does the conecction experiment? I want to know why it's not in the ost... and where to find it...
As far as I know, Salvaged Disc, has only 4 tracks. But in the Logs, there's a lot of more music... does anybody has it?

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:08 pm
HumanPosts: 2Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 7:48 am
I have to agree the music playing in the back of the log where Cibo is going about the connection experiment is the best. Is there anywhere it is located?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:15 pm
HumanPosts: 10Location: Chicago, Il, USAJoined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:28 pm
Unfortunately I missed the 120 download cut off for the music..
Anyone that downloaded it want to re-list/host it?

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:17 am
Electronic KnightPosts: 380Location: MalaysiaJoined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:21 pm
Any of you gentlemen kind enough to toss it onto megaupload, my connection doesn't like rapidshare :<