<  Anime & Merchandise  ~  Vax's Sanakan WIP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:03 am
Electronic KnightPosts: 307Location: Bay Area, CA, USAJoined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:56 pm
chromax wrote:
Big fan of nihei, but this "dolls" are a little too "nerdisch" for me. :-?

It's 3D artwork, no different than a poster once it's completed. I wouldn't expect to be called nerdy from someone who runs a fansite of all things. We're both investing our own time to show our appreciation, we're on the same level.

@ Shakken: like I wrote at the bottom of my last post, yes, I'll be doing up a display base but getting the figure painted is my priority.

@Luciola: It just takes practice and patients. I'm an illustration student and have been building things all my life, but it took practice to get to my current level. There's still plenty of room for improvement too. While I can understand if you don't have the time, money or patience to pursue the hobby, the only way to get good is to practice and work your way up from the bottom.

As far as the project, I won't be updating for a while. I'm at college and do not have time to work on this now. I'll probably post some update pictures around the New Years holiday season. I have the figure primed, so I'll be able to start painting.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:23 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 254Location: the 2,861st DimensionJoined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:35 am
How long does it typically take to make one of these? It looks like it would take a fairly long time just to put it together, let alone paint it. Since I am not at all versed in garage kits (never gotten one before, debating whether I should), I'm probably asking some pretty obvious questions, but oh well. :confused:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:05 am
Electronic KnightPosts: 380Location: MalaysiaJoined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:21 pm
Ohright, sorry missed that bit.

Drill the GBE barrel out. Come on you know you want to ;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:46 pm
Electronic KnightPosts: 307Location: Bay Area, CA, USAJoined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:56 pm
The assembly time depends a lot on the number of pieces, level of detail, and quality of the casting. This one went together pretty fast, but the sanding was kinda tough due to the details and geometric angles. The Cibo kit will probably take a good week to get put together though, and that's assuming I have the time and motivation to work on it every day. The delay on this one was just due to me not having time to work on it, but for those with experience it can get completely assembled in a weekend. Painting is another story.

I might drill out the barrel, but I need some bigger drill bits. Mine are too small and would just look awkward.

Offline Profile