<  Anime & Merchandise  ~  Blame anime

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:05 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 62Location: Milano, ItalyJoined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:42 pm
During the past year a group of six short episodes was produced. Each episode seemed to be unrelated to others, and in fact they looked more like a 'promo' than a true story.

Does anybody knows if there are plans to make a more complete animated version of the manga?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:46 am
HumanPosts: 13Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:38 am
I haven't heard anything about an anime for it, but there was a movie (live-action or otherwise, who knows) int he works. I heard it was postponed/halted for while though, because Nihei hated the music. He hated the music for the short episodes too, actually. He's into stuff like...*tries to remember* Korn. Which I think would work really well for the Blame world, actually. The psychedelic Sci-fi techno vibish soundtrack for the short animations kind of threw me off for a bit, until I got used to it.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:54 am
ExterminatorPosts: 137Location: Valdivia, ChileJoined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:07 pm
Damn, that would suck if that was true. I didn't think the music for the shorts was genius, but it was quite fitting and of pretty good quality. Korn, on the other hand, is not only somewhere deep in the negative ranges of quality but completely out of place in a BLAME! like universe, in my humble opinion, of course (however hypocritical it may be, considering I actually *liked* them not too long ago... oh adolescence, how embarrasing thou can be).

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:21 am
ExterminatorPosts: 108Location: Land Of OzJoined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:11 am
I don't agree with the KORN soundtrack. I think the weird sci-fi stuff really went well with BLAME!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:35 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 211Location: Maybe on Earth? Tokyo, JapanJoined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:03 pm
Logs 6+extra are type of promo for incoming blame movie... Im so late with topic so I guess you allready know that. It is coming on spring this year and look is realy impressive. There are some news that Blame! movie is using same type of animation as incoming Ghost in the Shell: Innocence - but he wount look as much as that - their budget is much, much shorter -_-
But from some screenshot ive seen it looks awesome - there is no resemblance to that short OVAs...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:49 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 67Location: Valencia, SpainJoined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:37 am
a movie? o.o... im think ever about this as an urban legend

=) new manga of Blame! and new movie. Now im the double of happy... :roll:

thanks for the information July

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:09 pm
Site AdminPosts: 322Location: GermanyJoined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:08 pm
are we talking about an actual movie, a computeranimated movie like final fantasy or an anime?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:07 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 211Location: Maybe on Earth? Tokyo, JapanJoined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:03 pm
Really beautiful ANIME movie... Have you seen trailers for Ghost in the Shell: Innocence? If you haven`t that is a must for download - that will be most beautifull anime movie ever - or so they say ^^ - but realy it is amaising. So Blame anime will use same type of graphic but not exactly becouse that thing cost. IG productions gave more than 2 million $ for GITS: Innocence, Blame! doesn`t have such a budget but it looks awesome to - I saw Killy and he looked so greate, nothing like in those OVAs...
There was info and few images on official Blame! page as I remember, so when it goes up again try to look on... ^^

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:24 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 62Location: Milano, ItalyJoined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:42 pm
So there is a true movie after all, I'm happy to ear about it. Where did you picked up the screenshots, July?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:11 pm
ergates wrote:
So there is a true movie after all, I'm happy to ear about it. Where did you picked up the screenshots, July?

Well - I don`t remember exactley... there is some time from that... there was some japanese site with few realy nice pictures from movie, Killy and few structures... They said that movie is cooming out on summer 2004. That was aprox. 3 months ago so it should be pretty much done by now. As I remember there was subtopic on official blame! page, so try to look there for some info - but it is all on japanese... :roll:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:53 pm
I really hope they did a good job with this anime. Blame really deserves it. The web shorts were nice, but they were too 'particular' to give an idea of the movie (by the way they seem to have a story of their own).

I personally think it's not easy to make a movie from Blame (because it's mainly a matter of atmosphere), but if they do it the right way it could be a masterpiece.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:58 pm
Yes that is true - i wouldn`t mind even bad animation if atmosphere is like that from manga... But if you thing Blame! has even strong enough characters that can save even mild plot with charisma.
But as far as I know they are sticking to he basis of Blame word so it must end up good... Ether way I`m getting it...
Btw. Blame OVAs where short, psyho and with bad graphic - but they are still great ^^

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:25 pm
BuilderPosts: 32Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:05 pm
Hey!

I have heard rumours about a Blame! movie for so long and I am wondering if you have any news on the topic. Last thing I heard was that it's supposed to hit theatres in Japan at the end of 2003. Then it said somewhere it'll come early 2004. Nevertheless, nothing has been seen so far, no trailer, no screenshot, nothing.

If you keep in mind that it says 'English webpage coming soon' on the official webpage for like....years....you start wondering if there will ever be a Blame! movie at all...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:31 pm
HumanPosts: 8Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:26 pm
One thing´s for sure: If the movie does come out, there´ll be no way to see it or buy it in Spain.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:45 pm
ExterminatorPosts: 137Location: Valdivia, ChileJoined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:07 pm
No way to see it? Yes there will: digital fansubs. Hey, I know their legality is very dubious; but here in Chile, unless I want to spend hundreds of dollars on manga and anime that is in Japanese (which is the only way to really benefit the author), it's the only way to go. And I assume it's pretty similar in Spain, although in the case of manga you're much more likely to find an "official" translated version, although I wouldn't touch those with a 10 foot pole anymore after some experiences I've had.

So, legally dubious fansubs for me until I can understand Japanese properly and have lots of cash to spend :)

Offline Profile ICQ