<  Anime & Merchandise  ~  AT-43, a miniature game inspired by Nihei

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:42 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 206Location: ItalyJoined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:15 pm
AT-43 is a game produced by a French society, Rackham. The setting is a distorted future where humanity has to fight against some sort of aliens, known as therians.
And guess what? The concept artists (Paolo Parente and Adrian Smith) have been inspired by Nihei for these aliens and theaters of war.
You want some proofs? Here they are.... :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:50 am
BuilderPosts: 42Location: Redondo Beach, CAJoined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:55 pm
CRAZY
I want me some of those.
I don't suppose they can be imported? :oops:

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:59 pm
sure you can, but anyway Rackham sells also in the Usa.... but if you prefer ordering online: www.rackham-store.com ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:07 am
Electronic KnightPosts: 307Location: Bay Area, CA, USAJoined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:56 pm
Haha! This is my passion, the little figurines known as miniatures. I kind of wonder if there's any actual relation to Nihei, considdering the artists have a long line of background in suck subject material. There are definately similarities there though.

Some notes on the figures: each is about 28-35 mm tall for the average human. Most come unpainted and unassembled and are made of metal, but AT-43 is one of the few that comes prepainted and is cast in a slightly flexible plastic. The factory paint jobs are considerably less impressive than what you see in the pictures, the models shown were painted by the company's studio. The entire point of the figures is to be claying pieces for a game that uses dice to simulate warfare.

On a related note, I've been dabbling in game design, and creating a world heavily influenced by that of BLAME! Once I have something concrete you might see me post some of the stuff for it.

P.S.: @ Tanuu: there are two shops in the area that should carry the figurines. One is:

GMI games and collectibles
8300 Limonite Avenue, Suite F
Riverside, CA 92509

The other is possibly:

http://www.brookhursthobbies.com/

You might want to call the second, they carry Rackham's other game, but I haven't heard anything about AT-43 and it's been a year since I went there. Also, try looking up 'games' or 'gaming' in the yellow pages, Rackham is a popular company and there is likely somewhere closer to you that might carry them.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:17 am
HumanPosts: 7Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:58 am
wow this is awesome! i really love Warhammer 40k and this is a really kool spin off of it. the models are really cool, very sci-fi. very Original too, the names and create models for the Therians.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:19 pm
Just want to show you what I've just bought, tell me what they look like.... :P

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:55 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 219Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:05 am
ok so question is, do they come painted or do you have to assemble and paint em yourself? if not i am so buying some for my desktop! they look freaking awesome!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:20 am
Inkiliath wrote:
ok so question is, do they come painted or do you have to assemble and paint em yourself? if not i am so buying some for my desktop! they look freaking awesome!

they come painted ;) (even if not to the level of the pics I've just showed you, of course...)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:56 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 219Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:05 am
Schiff wrote:
Inkiliath wrote:

they come painted ;) (even if not to the level of the pics I've just showed you, of course...)

mwahahahahaha i am so gonna order some to guard my desktop :D ty for the info