[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Silicon creature cosplay

<  Fanart  ~  Silicon creature cosplay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:26 pm
HumanPosts: 20Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:50 pm
This is what I was working on for the last 2 months.
This is the finished thing. If you want to I can post my progress pictures.
It's made of polyurethane resin. First time for me to make a silicone mold and all.

I mixed pretty much every silicon creature into this with a few drops of Dr. Wildenstein.
Now onto sculpting the body.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 53Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:08 pm
Very nice. If I had to add anything I would say that you should make it shine like new plastic. Are you going to put an emblem in the forehead?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:19 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 94Location: Rotterdam. The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:22 am
amazing!

Silicon cosplay using a mask made of... silicon. haha thats neat!

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:27 pm
Thanks you two.

@analog, I might add the emblem of The Order somewhere on the body. Not sure with the plastic look yet. I kinda like it more matte. It looks plasticier (lol) that way. Shiney would look too much like metal. But I don't know yet. When the body is done I could still spray it with shiney lacquer. The face itself I want to leave as it is. Just might add a few details. It has a really nice rough texture that makes it feel like... dry skin?

@WiredLExperiment, the mold was made from silicone the mask itself is pretty much all polyurethane resin and a few spots made from epoxy resin. Like the lips and such.

I might as well just upload the whole bunch of progress pics so you know what I'm talking about.
No particular order for now, I'll sort them later. But you get the idea.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:54 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 94Location: Rotterdam. The NetherlandsJoined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:22 am
wow, that looks so professional! You do this for a job right? Otherwise your really really good.

Thx for uploading the pictures

Cant wait to see the finished cosplay costume, it must look stunning.

Do you have some people to cosplay with? if so, you should do a pcell one too and maybe you can do the whole silicon group. with davinelulingvega on stilts for the height. haha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:32 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:49 am

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:39 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:45 pm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:29 pm
hehe, I'll write you a mail once I have steady internet again.

I would count you in, the problem is... money. Let alone the stuff for the head cost me about 200€.

also: quick rough sketch, has too much abara though... needs more cyber and less silicon

I might do a really inhuman looking head someday. Like the silicon knights/guards had.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:47 pm
Cool.

could make a mask from leather.. hehe like the one from the health inspector of biomega. its creepy enough. And its also a silicon creature.

you could re-use the mask base used for casting right? that would save you money.

Really cool sketches!

for cyber just add useless cables!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:05 pm
Thank you.

I was thinking about that too. But I'd rather sculpt his face in clay and then make a latex cast. Under the mask is also still his "real" cyborg head. Leather would maybe look too flat. But it does have a nice texture and feel to it.

Well, the oilclay and the base for the head cost me about... 15 bucks. Thats nothing. I bought 32kg of industry designer clay for 90€ on one lucky occasion.
For the head I only used about 800ml of it. Same goes for the plastic about 700-800ml plastic and about one of those epoxy resin boxes that has a strip of about 36".

The problem really is just the silicone which is about 90€ for 2L. Which is exactly what I needed for the job. I can re-use the mold and make more of the masks but what would be the point of that? It only fits me. Skintight. I could make massive plaster copies for lets say a display stand or something.

The reason I used a silicone mold with a long shelf life is just that IF that thing should break someday I could just pull another copy of the mask for about 30€.

The only way to really get your money back in this hobby is to produce something everybody wants and everybody can use/wear. This one is no use for anybody other than me, unless they want a solid casting.

I MIGHT do the Gravitational Beam Emitter if enough people would want one. So I can get some money for other projects.

I currently am looking into makeing the CEU mask/helmet so everybody can wear it. Though this might take some time.

And yeah, cables. I already got a few nice parts from a car air conditioner.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:51 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 206Location: ItalyJoined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:15 pm
nice job!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:17 pm
Ok, well I think your on the right track with the GBE that could make for a nice collectors item. Seeing how expensive the art book is, you should be able to make a nice bit of money from it.

20 euro's is to low considering you spend a lot of time designing and sculpting it.

The mask of Seu would be a cool item. I loved the electro fishers outfits!

I might be able to do the wiring on the masks and outfits. its my specialty.

http://patrickuhl.deviantart.com/art/Pl ... -153372772
http://patrickuhl.deviantart.com/art/Yo ... -153502788

I might also be able to hotwire some led's and stuff to light up certain parts of the costume using simple batteries.

Tell me what you think :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:29 pm
I suggest you take a look at motorcycle gloves for the rest of the costume:

http://assets2.revzilla.com/product_ima ... detail.jpg

that looks pretty wicked!