[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - what to read after Blame???

<  Talk'n'Spam  ~  what to read after Blame???

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:39 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 254Location: Bello Zombie, Puerto RicoJoined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:14 am
A couple of weeks ago I finally looked into Sin City, both movie and comics. You guys should really do the same if you haven't yet.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:29 pm
Electronic KnightPosts: 307Location: Bay Area, CA, USAJoined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:56 pm
Dorohedoro and Maken X have a pretty crazy style somewhat in the same vein as Tsutomu Nihei's stuff. I wish Dorohedoro was getting translated faster, but I don't really have a right to complain.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:29 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 274Location: The Megastructure, Level 13666Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:47 am
If I may, I'd suggest a manga called Zetman/ZETMAN

It follows the story of an anomalous genetic experimentation subject (Jin). Jin was originally created to combat monstrous entities that are not too different from himself, but there have been massive setbacks and his life is nowhere near what was intended. It is sci-fi with an almost supernatural aura. The action hardly disappoints (if at all). The Art work is very detailed (but the architecture compared to Nihei's? :lol: )
The world is very strange. It appears to be similar to the modern day in some respects, only for the reader to find out that it is far more advanced in others. Also, the world seems utopian, but there are many dystopian factors and environments behind closed doors.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:16 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 219Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:05 am

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:10 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 274Location: The Megastructure, Level 13666Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:47 am
Not to sound a little cliche, but I got into Code Geass recently. I found it very entertaining!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:55 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 254Location: Bello Zombie, Puerto RicoJoined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:14 am
I've been trapped in non-manga land since watching the hilarious as fuck Punisher Warzone last month. The MAX comics that movie was based on kick ass and you guys should read them.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:41 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 62Location: Somewere in the MegaStructureJoined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:35 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:52 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:35 pm
Guyver is pretty entertaining as either the manga or the anime. Gotta love the classics sometimes.

A sickly looking man is trying to escape with a package from some shady soldiers in odd futuristic get up. As they corner him, he mutates at will into a muscle-ridden, skeletal looking bioweapon.
One of the soldiers makes a similar transformation and quickly subdues him, but not after discovering that he had a hidden bomb on him which he detonates, scattering and/or destroying the contents of the package.

Sho and his friend, Tetsuro, are walking along when he gets hit with a metallic pod (actually, how this part happens differs between versions). Organic metal tendrils flood out and engulf his body, bonding Sho's body with the parasitic, metal-organic, semi-sentient bio Armor, Guyver.

One of my faves :lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:53 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 59Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:50 pm
Where can I get the full Guyver series
Cant seem to find it on mangafox or mangatashokan

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:16 pm
AnimeA has almost the entire series (I think - I'm not sure as I'm only on chapter 102)

(Guyver on AnimeA):

Anyway, AnimeA has chapters 1-167, minus chapters 19-47. However, they are integral to the plot and since I can't find anywhere that has them, you might want to look up the 2005 anime which covers them in episodes 14 - 21 .

(A link where you can watch the 2005 Guyver Anime)
[/url]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:45 pm
BuilderPosts: 27Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:29 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:17 am
So hey, I've been reading these lately, you guys might be interested in one or two:

X-Force
A really edgy and gory version of X-Men. Cyclops assembles a death squad led by Wolverine to be sent into the most extreme and dangerous missions the ordinary X-Men shouldn't be involved in. The art is really great and there's a Messiah War arc very reminiscent of SNIKT!, they get sent to a desolate future and fight an army of robotic monsters ( and lol protect a little girl named Hope ) created by the big bad at the time.

Transmetropolitan
This one's a classic and I've started reading it since last week they re-released the first trade. It's kinda like a series devoted to Conan O'Brien's In the year 3000! sketches where the protagonist Spider Jerusalem, a Hunter S. Thompson-esque journalist, is trapped in the crapsack futuristic metropolis known as 'The City'.

By Atsushi Kaneko, the same man responsible for Bambi and her Pink Gun. At first glance it's pretty much the same as David Lynch's Twin Peaks, but it gets more and more crazier and fantastic as the investigation goes on.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:07 pm
Victorian Undead's pretty great.

I like to think of it as a steampunk Biomega.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:40 pm
BuilderPosts: 29Location: ItalyJoined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:29 am
Blade of the Immortal by Samura. It has very, very little sci fi into it but the drawing style is great. Give a look to F.C. Pang's C.A.T. too.
As i said there's very little sci fi into them, plots are nothing new, but their art is cool

Offline Profile