[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Influences and Imitators

<  General 2.0  ~  Influences and Imitators

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:42 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 51Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:55 am
I think Blade Runner has a lot of scenes similar to Blame!'s (actually the manga has someting simialr to the movie). Even the main character Deckard could recall Killy or Detective Mosubi Susuno.

Watch it keeping this in mind....

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:14 am
ExterminatorPosts: 107Location: Frankfurt am MainJoined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:08 pm
Hi,

this thread is really interesting for blame fans and so I took some information and put a section "inspiration" on under "nihei".

But...its in german!
I found many interesting pictures from Beksiński and M.C.Escher is missing, but will join it soon.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:00 am
Silicon CreaturePosts: 51Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:55 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:19 pm
BuilderPosts: 26Location: URSSJoined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:04 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:24 pm
ExterminatorPosts: 107Location: Frankfurt am MainJoined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:08 pm
thanks,

Oh, I forgot Blame²...I will put it in.

I also want an english version, but to translate it all is much work and my english is not perfect enought.

No answer from nihei :(

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:49 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 62Location: Somewere in the MegaStructureJoined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:35 pm
Lebbeus Woods... google it...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:49 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 53Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:08 pm
Gasp assult doll? Or safeguard?

No on posted this already, did they?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:51 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 254Location: Bello Zombie, Puerto RicoJoined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:14 am
Benedict Campbell:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:54 pm
HumanPosts: 3Location: franceJoined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:07 pm
graveur français P.Mohlitz (cavalier, 1979)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:50 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 254Location: Bello Zombie, Puerto RicoJoined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:14 am
Black Summer (Warren Ellis, 2007)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:46 pm
BuilderPosts: 29Location: ItalyJoined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:29 am
warning: contains Texhnolyze spoilers

I heard Nihei is an architect so i'm not surprised futuristic and sci fi buildings have a lot in common. As for references...idk if someone pointed this out so i'm not sure i'm right, i heard blame! finished in 2003 and if i remember right that's the same year Texhnolyze aired on japanese tv.
Again i'm not sure, but since both blame! and texhnolyze are cyberpunk maybe i'm not going too far by stating at that time Blame! left a vivid aesthetic idea in japanese people minds to the point it earned some homages in Texhnolyze. For example Ichise and Killy' character designs and attitudes are very similar. Ran and Doc also both cover the role Cibo had in the Blame! manga: at start they are both a support and save Ichise's life more times like Cibo did with Killy. This until their actions and roles become so important they just can't stand behind the main character. And all three of them, Ran Doc and Cibo, share the same destiny.
And finally the most important element is the first episode, which has almost no dialogues. Like in the Blame manga and anime art is the language. But probably this is where similarities end. Texhnolyze is very different on everything else.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yHvFVHgsK0

just a pic of Ichise

ps: Cibo merges with Sanakan so i'm not sure i can say Cibo dies: i remember there was a diver going to rescue Killy in the final pages and probably that was the new being. Anyway Doc, as Cibo, dies and part of her memories (the ones she wanted to leave;probably some confessions) turns into "data" (to play on a radio).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey btw...doesn't this artwork remind anyone of Genocyber?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:46 pm
ExterminatorPosts: 142Location: BrazilJoined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:10 pm
I think that any similarities between Blame and Txhnolyze would be superficial only, mostly because they both are cyberpunk. In Texhnolyze the whole history develops around what means to be human, with the people from Lux being almost animals, including Ichise, while the people from surface are "ghosts", humans devoid of a real life.

The mais inspiration for the aesthetics of Texhnolyze is the work of Edward Hopper, with some of the scenes from the surface being almost iddentical replicas os his paintings. In the surface there is an office that is a replica of the "Great Workroom" of the Johnson Wax Headquarters building:

This office was designed by the architect Frank Lloyd Wright. In Bladerunner, Deckard's apartment is based on a work by Wright. And Nighthwaks, the most known painting of Hopper, was a great inspiration of Ridlcey Scott.

So, I think that Texhnolyze has more in common with Bladerunner than with Blame. Nihei's influence are Giger, Beksinski, Sant'Elia (I think), furturists and surrealists. Texhnolyze is more realistic and Bladerunner is noir.

Anyway, Hopper is one of my favorite painters, because of Texhnolyze. ;D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:34 am
HumanPosts: 6Location: Area 51Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:26 am

Above, Craig Mullins art for the game Marathon 2 by Bungie. Seeing how much Nihei loves Halo, I'd be really surprised if he hasn't played it/seen this!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:17 am
seems to like safeguards. :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:30 pm
Self Aware AIPosts: 190Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:14 am
just finished reading the whole jiraishin 8-)
kyoya iida gives not even one single solitary fuck 8-)

also, killy is total rip off of kyoya iida

Offline Profile