[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Influences and Imitators

<  General 2.0  ~  Influences and Imitators

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:39 am
BuilderPosts: 29Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:26 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:44 am
HumanPosts: 6Location: Area 51Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:26 am
I don't know if this has been posted before, but Giger's early works in the Shaft series are VERY Blame.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:33 pm
Self Aware AIPosts: 190Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:14 am
dead space salvage, from the game

rapidshare.com/files/4109363965/Dead_Space_Salvage.cbr

quite nihei-ish if you ask me, which no one did

being more of a manga fan myself than a cyberpunk fan, could any cyberpunk eckspert kindly tell me what/who -in one or other way(s) influenced nihei??

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:26 am
Silicon CreaturePosts: 62Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:16 pm
Someone else who names Nihei as an influence, Nick Dragotta on East of West.

"For a while I’ve been trying to add more depth and atmosphere to my work. I like the idea of trying to merge concept art with comics. I feel like it’s not something we see much of in American comics. I’ve been looking at a lot of Tsutomu Nihei. His manga BLAME! really blew me away from the sense of scale he created. His comics draw you in and the environments feel like a character unto themselves. I’m striving for that. I want the scale to feel big and be a believable place."

I don't see the influence in the majority of his work, but the interview includes one sample page which is very BLAME!.

Offline Profile