[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Why is cyberpunk 'settling' so much

<  Anime & Merchandise  ~  Why is cyberpunk 'settling' so much

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:23 am
BuilderPosts: 34Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:15 pm
I saw the OVA for Masamune Shirow's Black Magic 66. They showed the reporter girl ruffling through her papers, tapping on the console. Such minor actions were animated. There was no over the top music, this was characterization.

I still remember Texhnolyze. Such a slow, slow show, that eats you raw at the strong ending. It did not drive itself on fan fare or pretty graphics, but good, deeply emotional and gripping narrative and artistry.

I look at Blame! And Knights of Sidonia and don't understand why the best of the best should be adapted with such mediocrity.

I know a man has to eat, but who here read Blame! And imagined an adaptation so expected... So... Hollywood.

Just a rant from a pseudo-intellectual, but it seriously pisses me off that I'm in an era where the tech is available to make these shows shine, but everyone takes the shortcut.

For what it's worth, I'll always recommend the original source material to people interested in Nihei's works or anything similar.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:58 am
Self Aware AIPosts: 190Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:14 am
i bitched abut this on some other threads.

but nihei himself has changed, this is obvious from the shonenish characterization in sidonia and now aposimz.

i wouldnt say sellout, he's just getting old and probably tired drawing gloom characters.
much to my dismay.

or he wanted wider audience whatever.

or maybe that's what happens when you get old.
look at nolan's recent movies.

i love the blame prologues, and i hate hate blame logs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:33 am
BuilderPosts: 34Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:15 pm
That's just tragic to hear.

Nolan's movies? I thought they were good all round.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:13 am
Self Aware AIPosts: 190Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:14 am
compared to other movies, they are.
but compared to memento and prestige, since inception it's been downhill for me

Offline Profile