[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Blame anime

<  Anime & Merchandise  ~  Blame anime

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:04 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 62Location: Milano, ItalyJoined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:42 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:59 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 211Location: Maybe on Earth? Tokyo, JapanJoined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:03 pm
My brother has few friends in Japan so sometimes I get some info from them... Story of movie should be end of manga and happenings after the end...
I don`t know what to think - in one hand I would like to see a movie going trough manga plot but it will be better if movie would explane what happened after vol 10. Truly only bad thing that I really wouldn`t like then would be the fact that Cibo and Sanakan are dead...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:40 am
Silicon CreaturePosts: 64Location: HessenJoined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:28 pm
Argh! I don't konw, if the bad news already found here.
But I just read that the animated movie, that was supposed to come out in 03 was oficially canceled. Nihei himself is supposed to have stated, that he is not happy about that outcome.

But, perhaps to calm down the raging fans, a sequel-ish thing was anounced to be published in the next Afternoon.
The name of it is "Blame gakuen!" (What means something like "Blame academy" *spider sense tingeling* ) but it's not known yet, if it will be a series or a oneshot.
So much for this strange "advertising" with school uniforms and so on, but more in the "BLAME! School uniform artbook?!"-Thread...

Last edited by slugthrower on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:54 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 211Location: Maybe on Earth? Tokyo, JapanJoined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:03 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:25 pm
Site AdminPosts: 322Location: GermanyJoined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:08 pm
heeen's brain combines "Blame gakuen!" (What means something like "Blame academy") with the school uniforms thread and freaks out.

Offline Profile WWW ICQ
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:57 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 64Location: HessenJoined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:28 pm
jep, that's exactly what I thought, but more in the right thread now(sry, Internet down all day)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:01 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 62Location: Milano, ItalyJoined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:42 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:08 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 67Location: Valencia, SpainJoined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:37 am

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:21 pm
BuilderPosts: 31Location: LondonJoined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:46 pm

Offline Profile WWW ICQ YIM
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 2:19 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 93Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 12:01 pm
hmmmmmm... a Blame! movie would be interesting. I hope they only take a segment of the manga though and don't try to squeeze too much in.

-Xenos

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 8:15 pm
BuilderPosts: 46Location: GermanyJoined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:30 pm
if they would try to pack the whole story in a movie, it would be much longer than all lord of the ring movies!! but there also much scenes which could be delete. for example when killy walks around for hours. but if you would delete this scenes much from the mood and atmosphere will get lost!

Offline Profile ICQ
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:36 pm
Silicon CreaturePosts: 93Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 12:01 pm
Yeah. Those long walks in desolate landscapes would definately be needed. There is a fair share of action, but those quiet moments also make up something great about Blame!.

That makes me think that Oshii (Ghost in the Shell, Angel's Egg, Avalon) would make a good director for a live or animated film. Yet at the same time he might want to change things. Just look at the difference from the Ghost in the Shell manga and the movie. Then again I rather like both.

-Xenos

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 8:46 pm
Self Aware AIPosts: 175Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:01 am
I think a sort of movie like "2001: A Space Odissey" would be great.
Something like 3 hours long (wow, a lot of work in anime :shock: ), with alternance of calm and action.
I think BLAME! could be packed a lot.

Compared to other movies, there would be no "regular life scene" as transition, all the transitions would be the characters walking, so I don't think there would be a lack of those moments. Just add a few longer moments like that and I thinkit's ok. If it's awesome in the manga, I think it would quickly be annoying in a movie, as good as it may be.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 6:10 pm
I cant even imagine what would film look like...
The characters are exceptionlal but problem is that they are extremly quiet - and most of people wouldnt like that - so the story would probably have a narrator - to speak form some characters wiev...
Next thing is that the story is extremly complex no matter the simple look - so there is no way to put entire story in movie - so the storyboard would probably be a set in Blame! world but something different from manga - maybe the story about how it ended - what happened afther manga...
But that would be the problem becouse most of main and best characters are dead - Domo, Cibo, Sanakan... And some idea to return them would be pretty stupid - becouse death in manga was terminal... So really I simply dont have idea how or what would or could story be...

Offline Profile