[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Influences and Imitators

<  General 2.0  ~  Influences and Imitators

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:58 pm
HumanPosts: 2Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:27 pm
Here's another obvious influence from NOISE.It's more of an homage actually,to Moebius.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:26 am
HumanPosts: 16Location: norwayJoined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:08 pm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:31 pm
BuilderPosts: 42Location: Redondo Beach, CAJoined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:55 pm

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:10 pm
BuilderPosts: 31Location: IndonesiaJoined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:23 am

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:52 pm
ExterminatorPosts: 142Location: BrazilJoined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:10 pm
Maybe Nihei was influenced also by two architecs, if not directly at least in some distant or conecptual way, altough I think that he at least knew them, after all, he was an architect too.

The first is Antonio Sant'Elia (1888 - 1916), an italian futurist archicet. He dide young, but, looking at the the drwaings he made, is clear tha he was a great font of inspiration for the science fiction. He was also a font os inspiration for Ridley Scott in Bladerruner.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Sant%27elia

Some images: http://picasaweb.google.com/mecanosfera/AntonioSantElia

The other architect is Giovanni Battista Piranesi (1720 -1778). This one I don't think was a direct influence for Nihei, ate least not in the drwaings, but in concept. He made a lota of drawings of prisons (carceri), that in the general idea have the same feeling of the Megastructure. Wikipedia says this:

The Prisons (Carceri d'invenzione or 'Imaginary Prisons'), is a series of 16 prints produced in first and second states that show enormous subterranean vaults with stairs and mighty machines.

These in turn influenced Romanticism and Surrealism. While the Vedutisti (or "view makers") such as Canaletto and Bellotto, more often reveled in the beauty of the sunlit place, in Piranesi this vision takes on a Kafkaesque, Escher-like distortion, seemingly erecting fantastic labyrinthian structures, epic in volume, but empty of purpose. They are cappricci -whimsical aggregates of monumental architecture and ruin.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piranesi

Some images: http://picasaweb.google.com/mecanosfera ... taPiranesi

Anyway, I don't know if they are really inspirations for Nihei, but when I saw them, immediately I thought of Nihei, so...[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:23 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 274Location: The Megastructure, Level 13666Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:47 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:11 pm
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 274Location: The Megastructure, Level 13666Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:47 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:23 pm
HumanPosts: 7Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:48 am
Look at this:

The first one is Beksiński's painting. You know second one.
I don't know if Beksiński was first to paint this.
Btw... My first post here.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:16 pm
HumanPosts: 8Location: Santa DestroyJoined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:16 am
I can't be the only person who thinks Blame! and the game Baroque are similar, can I?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baroque_(video_game)

The original PS1 Baroque at least, the remade version lost all the creepy charm of the original.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:48 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:35 am
Self Aware AIPosts: 154Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:37 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:32 am
HumanPosts: 8Location: Santa DestroyJoined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:16 am
I was in such a rush I didn't even bother posting the right link and my reasons, oops.

Both Baroque and Blame! have amnesiac protagonists with vague objectives and powerful guns who wander around a post apocalyptic world with large, scifi-y areas (though the megastructure > Baroque's tower), both have a very isolated, lonely atmosphere and both have a huge Giger influence.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:46 pm
HumanPosts: 1Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:17 pm

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:17 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 217Location: SwedenJoined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:34 pm
There is a story called Druuna by Paulo Serpieri that kinda reminds me of Blame! but with a ton of weird sex stuff in it. IT ran in Moebius Heavy Metal Magazine.

Volume 1 (Wich is all ive read) also features a virus outbreak similiar to the one at the start of Biomega.

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:42 pm
Self Aware AIPosts: 154Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:37 pm
You guys should watch "Brazil" by Terry Gilliam.
Great scifi movie (dysotopean, kafkaesk theme). Its not that similar to Blame! but some pictures nearly at the end (all the tubes laying around and the huge columns) reminded me of some Blame! panels.

But nevertheless, great film! "12 Monkeys" by Gilliam was great, this film is, too. (watch the Director's Cut, btw!)

some pics:
http://www.dvdactive.com/images/editori ... brazil.jpg
http://www.scifimoviepage.com/images/brazil1.jpg
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/20/movi ... ay-brazil/

Offline Profile