[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
heeen's blame forum • View topic - Vax's Sanakan WIP

<  Anime & Merchandise  ~  Vax's Sanakan WIP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:52 am
Electronic KnightPosts: 307Location: Bay Area, CA, USAJoined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:56 pm
Hey guys, a little something came in the mail today:

I figured I'd start a thread here to act as a log and guide for anyone else who's interested. In case you're confused as to what this is, check the thread here: http://heeen.de/blame/viewtopic.php?t=1129

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:06 am
Electronic KnightPosts: 380Location: MalaysiaJoined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:21 pm
Niice. Any significant flash on the parts?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:40 am
BuilderPosts: 42Location: U.S.A.Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:32 pm
I really wanted to buy this, but I knew my modeling skills would only make it look so-so, if not horrifyingly done. So, I bought that Killy PVC instead. 8)

Offline Profile WWW
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:14 am
Electronic KnightPosts: 307Location: Bay Area, CA, USAJoined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:56 pm
There was a little bit of flash, but not much. Main thing are the casting tabs that need to be clipped off. I've done a bit of digging on the hobby, and judging from what I've seen, the kit was excellently cast. I couldn't find a single bubble.

BTW, this will probably be a very slow process since I'm a student and have a ton of other pet projects I'm already wrapped up in.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:21 pm
Bubbles usually aren't much of a problem with resin unless it's done out of someone's hobby kit, and usually nothing a bit of cutting, filing and green stuff can't fix :)

Are you going to pin her together or just glue her?

Heh I love any excuse to get my pin vise out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:06 pm
Pinning seems necessary. The fits are pretty tight, but for something this size it's a necessity.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:19 am
post bump

This thread is useless without new pics!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:17 am
I actually just got back from college for the summer, and didn't have time to work on this while in school. I should be getting some work done on it very shortly.

In other news, my Cibo kit also shipped, but that intimidates me much more with all those wires.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:17 am
Appologies for the double post, but my Cibo kit arrived today. The kit is in great condition, but holding it in my hand, I realized just how terrifying this kit really is. There have to be at least 30 pieces, only 8 of which are the body. The rest are boxes, wires, and other mechanical gizmos that somehow fit together to create this figure. This is not a kit for novice modellers, and even experiences modellers should considder how much time it will take to assemble. It should be impressive once assembled though, but for now I'll be sticking with Sanakan as my first kit.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:47 pm
HumanPosts: 24Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:55 pm
Please keep us updated on your progress!!
We are all rooting for you to get this kit completed and start on the Cibo Kit.

I wish I had time to build these.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:19 am

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am
Sorry for the double post, but I got it mostly assembled. I've left the hair off as I want to paint the face before I put it on. Otherwise, as I will be brushpainting it, there was no reason not to assemble it beforehand.

*note: the green dots on her shoulder are where I filled some gaps with modelling putty.

I'm planning to do a scenic base for the model, as I'm going to have to pin it on anyways. I'll probably be working on that on the side while I paint the figure.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:58 am
Are you going to leave the acrylic base as is or will you do any diorama work?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:24 pm
ExterminatorPosts: 107Location: Frankfurt am MainJoined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:08 pm
Big fan of nihei, but this "dolls" are a little too "nerdisch" for me. :-?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:30 am
Advanced SafeguardPosts: 254Location: the 2,861st DimensionJoined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:35 am

Offline Profile WWW